Friday, February 22, 2008

CommUnity

OK so I got called out by Nate Miller the other day on skype that although he really enjoyed reading my blogs I think he said I was trying to hard to make them sound good. Well I guess I am going to keep trying at least for your (the reader's) benefit. I mean, I know some people who can write really well and you hang on every word that they are saying. I am not one of those people. So thank you again for hang'n in there with these blogs. I have learned a lot this week of the blessing and necessity of community. There is so much that I am learning and so many ways that I am being challenged here but I have realized the importance of being in community with others as a crucial aspect in our spiritual walk. I have been exposed to the blessings of being a part of a community with friends and family whom support each other, challenge each other, and encourage each other to better followers of Jesus Christ. I think community is a necessity and a crucial aspect of our faith. It has been great hanging on to that through this blog. For those who read this and leave comments, use it to support each other as well. Friends keep encouraging, challenging, and most importantly loving each other. (Community)
This week has been good. Along with the on going work here at ECK, Tuesday I was supposed to speak at a school in the afternoon but we could not get to the school because the roads where closed by President Bush. Oh, whom I did not get to meet. I guess I should have tried to get a job at the U.S. Embassy. Any ways back to more important things. I went to one of the local colleges of education and met with a YFC group. I got to meet, spend time with, and talk to some college students about ways that they can be active in their faith there at their school and with their freinds. On Wednesday I spent the afternoon working with another street kids ministry. It is to describe feeling that you have when you meet kids from the age of 8 or 9 to young men in their late teens who sleep in streets, under bridges, and abandoned buildings. who do not have parents, spending the night trying to get drunk or high off of drugs or drinking glue so that they can get sleep at night, spending the days begging and stealing food and money for their drugs. (that might not be a sentence) We are working to get them into school, get them food, and share the love of Christ.
After a great week of work I realized Thursday night as I was going to bed that I had lost my camera somewhere that day. This is was definantly a very disappointing realization and I am not sure what I am going to do. Hopefully some how I can get a hold of another camera for the next 2 1/2 months. Pray that I can get another camera. So for now there will not be anymore pictures to upload on this blog.
Please say a prayer for a container that we need to get with some computers in it to start a computer lab here at the school. It has been delayed a long time and It would be really helpful if I can help to get things set up while I am here. Thank you Thank you again for taking the time to read this blog and for your continual prayers.
PEACE

3 comments:

Pete Dymond said...

Haiku number 5

Everyone longs for it
Many peeps live without it
Love, Community.

Tim Høiland said...

after pete's haiku, i have nothing left to say.

Unknown said...

paul i never bashed your writing skills...i was simply in awe at how i was captivated by your every word