Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Latest

Friends,
Two Months in a one more to go. I can not believe it has gone so quickly. Well It has been another good week. I am not sure what all I should write about. After School Clubs finished up this week as the kids are now on their semester ending break till mid April. Wednesday I went to the street kids ministry I have been involved with. While we were there Some of the kids are really good at doing acrobatics so they spent some time showing us their skills and helped to attract a crowd for us before we began to spea
k. There was probably a crowd of about 50 people waiting in anticipation for what I was going to say that day. As I began to talk, as soon as the name of Jesus came from my mouth over half the people gave a groan and walked away. By the end there was probably a solid group of 10- 15 kids who were willing and ready to admit to God that they were sinners and they wanted his forgiveness. Praise God and what a blessing that was. God does pretty amazing things. It is ever more amazing because I find myself only seeing how weak I am at standing up and sharing the gospel to a group of people. I just don't see it as a natural strength of mine and He still carries me and works through that weakness. It amazes me that in my inability to share the Gospel, God Still shares the gospel and brings people to his kingdom. That is the power of God and the power that we can have through Him. He still shows His love and he still shows His grace and this is the life that we live through Him. In what we can not do, God can do and this is the Power of God through us to live a life that is beyond ourselves.
I have been helping Luke, The husband of the family that I have been living with, who is also the facilities manager of Rwanda YFC write a business plan for the center that we have here. They have two large multi purpose halls here and a dormitory, they are in the process of building a new office building, and they have plans for a
new guest house and restaurant that will all be able to be used to generate income as people can come and use them and stay here. So he has been trying to write a business plan for the center and I have been spending some time working with him and using the little bit of knowledge that I have to help him. Although It was been some long hours of work it has been good and I have enjoyed being able to help out and be a part of it.
Last weekend I spent a day and went with some friends to a game park near the border of Tanzania to go on a safari. We got to see a lot of animals including Giraffe, Zebra, Impala, Hippos, water buffalo, monkeys, and baboons. It was a
lot of fun and we were driving around and we came up to this group of Baboons chillin on the side of the road. We stopped to take some pictures, hang out and watch them. They were pretty friendly as they jumped around on the car and everything. So we decided to take some pictures with them. As one was sitting on the hood of the car I went to stand next to it to get a picture...(As soon as I get the picture it will be added to this page) Anyways I was standing there and I looked back at it and As soon as I did I saw its long arms stretched out as if it was going to give me a hug or probably something a little less friendly so I quickly moved and it just kept chasing me so I decided to throw my water bottle in its direction to divert its attention and thankfully it worked and I was safe. I would have not enjoyed wrestling with a baboon and it would not have enjoyed losing to me. So after that fiasco ended we were all outside the truck and we happened to leave one of the doors open and all of a sudden another baboon was running towards the truck and jumped in the door. He was in the truck for no more then like 10 seconds and as quickly as he jumped in there he was out with a full loaf of bread that we were saving to eat for lunch. He just sat their on the side the road taunting us as he snacked on OUR loaf of bread. What a joke. Well he better have enjoyed it. It was a fun day and that was for sure a highlight.
I hope that everyone is doing well. Life here has been great with many blessings and challenges. It has been amazing to see God at wor
k in Rwanda and to be a small part of it. I am in the office right now with some of our Rwandan staff on a Saturday because parents are coming to get report cards and they are listen to music that is on the office computer and we are all jamming to Jack Johnson. They have no idea what it is but they love it. This is life at the moment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haiku 9

O! What to Haiku
Something cool, something clever
Or just "We miss You!"

Unknown said...

my money would have been on the monkey for sure